Whatever their beauty, tattoos are witnessing a fad, the manifestation of a desire for originality or reflect a form of marginality. They can also be the result of trauma against a surface that can also accidentally tattooed skin (eg tar).
Their finality can create a sense of weariness or cause discomfort for social life.
Laser Mechanisms of Action:
As the skin is not able to absorb too large pigment molecules, the laser will by a photoacoustic effect split to make them digestible by the skin cells. It emphasizes the use of a switched laser (Q-switched) Nd-YAG that this singular effect. In this regard, we avoid if possible mechanical dermabrasion or ablative lasers which can leave a white mark or worse surgical resection if it comes to large area.
- The eyes are necessarily protected by the establishment of appropriate glasses or protective shells.
- For a complete tattoo removal, several sessions are required, spaced at least two months to leave the skin still sit there and limit the risk of white scars.
- The total number of sessions to average between 3 and 10 depending on the pigment density, depth and the colors used. Average: 4-5 passages for an amateur tattoo and 6 to 12 treatments for professional tattoos too saturated pigment
- Some colors, like green and turquoise are difficult to completely disappear.
- The deletion permanent tattoos said to enhance a lip hem artificially enlarge an eyebrow or eyelid highlight an edge can also be done by these lasers but with blackening increased at the beginning which can sometimes make use adviser a soft ablative laser with repeated sessions.
- The tattoo is a bit more painful than tattooing, the pain dissipating very quickly after the end of the session. In some cases, the doctor will prescribe advance the use of an anesthetic cream.
The expected and unexpected effects:
The passage of the laser beam causes a bleaching or bleeding then temporary swelling of the treated area.
Fatty dressings or healing creams can then be counseled to reduce crusting.
Healing occurs within one to two weeks.
Avoid at all costs to have the hypochromic ghost of the old tattoo … so be patient.
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation transient may occur especially if the sun protection after the session is not rigorous.
Followed with a burning bubble crusts that come off in a few days is possible. The healing time is longer and require care practitioner must be reviewed not worry.